Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Digital Storytelling using Slideroll


I used Slideroll to create a digital story for my ESL class. If you click on my digital story, you can see how I created a basic story for beginner ESL students to watch on American holidays. Of course, you can get more creative. I hope to use digital stories in my ESL class for the use of visuals and listening practice. For classes such as history and science, this would be a great tool because students could make stories reproducing cycles such as the water cycle, rock formation cycle or even a timeline of any history topic all in a visual and auditory manner; digital storytelling! I think it´s a great educational tool because it allows the students to be hands on and creative while at the same time implementing content area topics.

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

I like your idea of having students produce clips. That would be one way of assessing what they have learned.