Thursday, November 3, 2011

Digital StoryTelling Part 2--Bookr



Welcome to the U.S.A. Story

The story that I created could be used for very beginner English Language Learners. I wanted to make a "story" that was short, simple and that would be for a newcomer, thus the American themed story. I am not sure that I would necessarily call this a full blown story, but it could definitely be implemented in the classroom as a guide while describing American culture. Since it is very general, I would even let my students build off of what I have to make a more detailed story on American culture by choosing just one of the pages and going in their own direction(with enough scaffolding, of course). This story would definitely be used to work on listening and speaking skills since little words are used and plenty of visuals.

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

I enjoyed your story and like your ideas for expanding skills using such a book.