Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Podcasts for ESL Students

I believe that Podcasts are an important tool for ESL students.  I found the post titled My 3 Favorite Podcasts on the ESL Technology.com blog very interesting.  The writer shared their three favorite podcasts for English Language Learners.  Two of the blogs are from NPR and the other from The Moth, a storytelling podcast.  I enjoyed the content of some of these podcasts and the topics covered within them.  As the writer mentioned, these blogs are geared towards more native-like students because of the high level of proficiency required in order to comprehend the material.  I commented on my concern for more beginner level students in regards to where to find good and practical podcasts for these particular learners.  I think that the given podcasts have wonderful material but I'd particularly like to know where I could find podcasts that focus on the consonant and vowel sounds in American English.  I've asked the writer if they could give me any recommendations that they have on podcasts or websites with podcasts for beginner English learners and ones that specifically cover basic vocabulary words and sentence structures.  Any suggestions?  

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

You found an interesting post but I didn't see your comment there. Another good site for podcasts for beginning students is ESLpod.com